When Pope John Paul II added five Luminous Mysteries to the rosary, he also called for a new way of praying the rosary.
This new method was based on the teachings of St. Theresa of Avila and has become known as the "Contemplative Rosary" because it more perfectly unites vocal prayer and meditation, transforming the prayers of the Rosary into a contemplative meeting with God.
In The Contemplative Rosary, learn about the Luminous Mysteries as well as other changes Pope John Paul II made to the Rosary.
But more than this, you'll have a new guide for praying the rosary in a whole new way.
Included with each mystery, you'll find:
- A lovely, full-color classical painting depicting the events in the Mystery, for help in your contemplation
- A unique announcement of the Mystery
- A statement of the expected fruits of the Mystery
- The Scriptural passage you should consider before embarking on your prayers of the Mystery
- A call for a moment of silence in order to recollect yourself before entering the presence of God
- Each Mystery s own unique Hail Mary, including within each a John Paul II recommended statement of faith to pull wandering minds back to Christ and center them in the mystery
- Seven meditations tailored to each Mystery, to accompany your recitation of the Hail Marys (but only employ one at a time)
- A concluding short prayer asking God for the fruits specific to that Mystery
- Plus much more, so that finally you can begin to pray the Rosary as Saint John Paul wants you to pray it!
Softcover. 138 pages.